Hello World. How have you been? Well, I haven't had any ideas that I thought was worthy of being recorded down and/or I had no time. Hehe..
Anyways, obviously, the reason why I'm here is that I now have something to talk about. :)
So, distance.
Surprise, surprise, this blog will be talking about friends again. :/
Well, people who know me well would know that only a few things concern me and one of the main things are friends. Friends to me are like investments where the currency is your time and your attention and your care and your effort and your everything. The currency in the friendship world has many variations but that is not important for now so I shall not elaborate more on that.
What I want to talk about is... friendships. I probably have written this down before in a previous blog post but who cares. :P
Friendships as previously mentioned are like investments. Well, at least to me anyways. In the world of friendships, everyone only have limited resources. If I do plan to get close to someone, I will make sure that that person is someone I truly care (or at least want to care) about. But there is a problem. And that's what this post is about.
The problem is that if a certain person is not invested after a period of time, the person will slowly drift away. To me, that's the worst thing that can ever happen. Seeing someone that I used to be close with and staring at a stranger. I may (may? more like will) not show it but it feels painful and I want to cry myself to sleep. LOL
Friends to me are like treasures. I value them very much. Every single treasure collected are of equal value to me. However, sometimes treasure decay over time. No matter how much I try to maintain it in it's pristine state, I will not be able to keep all my treasures as shiny as before as the amount of treasures increases. Which is part of the reason why I don't like digging up more treasures (aka investing in new stocks if we're following the previous analogy). Because if I do that, the condition of my other friendships become harder to maintain. It's worse when the importance of the friendship is one-sided. One party values it highly when the other party just treats it like an option.
Getting close to people have been a tough thing for me. Someone recently asked me "Who are you close to?". At first thought, well... my definition of close to would be someone that I'm comfortable sharing stuff with. As a person who tends to listen more than speak, this is a tough question as I tend to get comfortable easily with people and share things that I think are relevant to the situation or them. That question has made me rethink on who are truly my friends and who are acquaintances. It has help me realised that I am not as closed off as I thought I was.
However, one thing that the question as brought up many perspective that I have never considered. People that I'm closer to than I perceived it to be. All in all, friends are complicated. HAHA... I know... BGR is complicated... But, personally, I think being friends is even harder than that. Mainly because in friendship, there is no commitment.
And that is why friendship is hard. Well.... sorry if this was all over the place. I'm gonna go rest now. Buhbye World.
No comments:
Post a Comment